In June 2008, the Community Clinics Health Network, in partnership with the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County and The Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers, was awarded funding through the Tools for Quality Program to conduct learning sessions to Southern California community clinics and health centers. This project is called Southern California Tools Learning Community (SoCal TLC).
Tools for Quality Program to conduct learning sessions to Southern California community clinics and health centers. This project is called Southern California Tools Learning Community (SoCal TLC).
The GOAL of the Tools for Quality Program (Tools) is to support and strengthen the ability of clinics to track care and make improvements in health status, especially for patients with chronic conditions.
The program is sponsored jointly by: Blue Shield of California Foundation, California HealthCare Foundation, Community Clinics Initiative (a joint project of Tides and The California Endowment), Kaiser Permanente Southern California Region, and The California Endowment.
In the first round of the Tools program, 33 community clinics and health centers throughout California received grants to implement the i2iTracks chronic disease management system (CDMS) to track care for patients with chronic conditions.
Through SoCal TLC, CCHN and partner clinic consortia coordinate and convene learning sessions throughout Southern California, cultivating a TEQI (technology-enabled quality improvement) community.
SoCal TLC is open to all clinics and safety net providers, both those that have been funded through the Tools program and those that have not.
- To assure the development of quality improvement knowledge and skills among Tools grantees.
- To ease the installation of i2iTracks through peer support and best practices.
- To optimize the use of i2iTracks for standardized reporting across the state and to maximize the quality improvements by each user.
- To create on-going communities of practice among users to build infrastructure and strengthen relationships within the field of community clinics.
- To demonstrate success through achievement of measurable objectives.
Contact: Christy Rosenberg, at email@example.com or 619-542-4300